[cups.general] Cups waiteof

Endo Fly ssureshot at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 07:57:09 PDT 2010

I'm using cups 1.4.3 and am trying to use the waiteof=false command on
the jet direct socket .. DeviceURI
socket://100.100.115.72:9100?waiteof=false ... This causes the job to
error out with "/usr/lib/cups/backend/socket failed"..

My problem is that the print job is waiting 5 seconds between jobs I
would like that behaviour print immediately

This is causing an issue when printing multiple items.. Some users print
50 - 180 tickets at a time.. taking 100 for example as a mid number...
With the 5 second delay between jobs that's 8-10 minutes wait time.. Not
acceptable when the job only takes a few seconds itself..

the waiteof option is supposed to fix this but when this is added the
printer will not work...

I did not have this issue prior to upgrade from cups 1.2.

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks
APE