[cups.general] Bad PostScript data generated -- any way todiagnose?

Alex Taylor mail.me at reply.to.address
Fri Oct 15 04:45:38 PDT 2010

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 08:46:22 UTC, Johannes Meixner <jsmeix at suse.de> wrote:

> > I'm trying to get CUPS + foomatic-rip working in our environment,
> > but I have a problem with GhostScript apparently choking on the
> > final PS file.
>
> It would have been nice to tell a bit more details
> about your environment (e.g. which Linux distribution
> or do you use perhaps another Unix-like OS and so on).

As noted, GhostScript produces the same error on multiple OSes.
I've specifically tested on Ubuntu Linux 9.04, as well as OS/2.

The source of the error may well be in our PostScript generator (the
OS/2 PSCRIPT presentation driver) but at the time of posting, I thought
it best to focus on diagnosing the failure in GhostScript so I could
trace back from there...

> > GPL Ghostscript  9.00 (2010-09-14)
>
> Ghostscript 9.00 is the newest cutting edge version.
> Did it work with a Ghostscript version before 9.00
> (i.e. a Ghostscript 8.x version)?

Sorry; I did say "multiple versions" but probably should've been more
specific.  8.71 produces the exact same result.

--
Alex Taylor
Fukushima, Japan

Please take off hat when replying.