Bad PostScript data generated -- any way to diagnose?

Alex Taylor mail.me at reply.to.address
Fri Oct 15 19:20:00 PDT 2010

On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 13:05:31 UTC, Helge Blischke <h.blischke at acm.org> wrote:

> > Actually, we do have the source code for the PostScript presentation
> > driver; we've already made some minor modifications to it, so this
> > may well be within our powers as well. :)
>
> Do you think it would be possible to send me the respective sources to
> have a look into? Though I do not have an OS/2 here I think it may be
> possible to propose the necessary modifications.

I guess so.  I can't share it out publically due to the rather odd
IBM DDK license terms, but "internal sharing" for development purposes
is allowed.

What I have is basically the original IBM code, plus a couple of minor
DSC-related tweaks I made.  I'll try and zip up the relevant directory
structure and either email it or send you a private link to it.

> >> In order to know what to do in detail I'd need to know how jobs look
> >> like that contain more than only one page.
> >
> > I'll try and produce one shortly.

OK, here's a two-page document (no recipes this time, sorry <g>).

This is the initial file generated by our PostScript driver:
  http://users.socis.ca/~ataylo00/multipage_input.zip   (709 KB)
This does generate some DSC warnings, but gs seems to handle it OK.

Here's the output from pstops + foomatic.  Note that it got truncated
partway through the first page (the foomatic-rip process hangs up for
some reason in the middle of execution).
  http://users.socis.ca/~ataylo00/multipage_output.zip  (175 KB)

Thanks!

--
Alex Taylor