[cups.general] Debugging the filter chain?

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Tue Oct 19 02:34:14 PDT 2010

Hello

On Oct 18 12:13 William Pietri wrote (shortened):
> I see in the logs that it starts a bunch of things (filters bannertops,
> pstopdf, pdftopdf, cpdftocps, and brlpdwrappermfc6490cw, and the lpd
> backend). Is there some easy way to me to peek into what's going on
> there in terms of inputs, arguments called, and outputs?

Do you already use in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf
   LogLevel debug
perhaps together with
   MaxLogSize 0
(restart the cupsd after changes in its cupsd.conf)?

Regarding input and output data it is a bit more tricky.
You may exchange step by step each filter binary by a
selfmade script which writes its input into a file.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
AG Nuernberg, HRB 16746, GF: Markus Rex