[cups.general] ghostscript device=cups seems missing from newer versions

Burke Sean sean.burke at stryker.com
Wed Oct 20 14:24:25 PDT 2010

Hi folks,

our 1.4.4 install running on Solaris10 was using ESP Ghostscript 7.07 but we were running into performance issues so we moved to ESP Ghostscript 815.04 but it no-longer appears to have device=cups support and neither does GPL Ghostscript  9.00 so our prints fail with unknown device:cups

Does anyone know if there is an extra step or option to get the newer gs release to function properly?

cheers

Sean