Error while printing

Helge Blischke h.blischke at acm.org
Thu Oct 28 07:27:06 PDT 2010

Larissa wrote:

> Hi to all,
>
> I'm really new in using cups.
> I'm unable to print because of this error : "/usr/lib/cups/filter/pstopdf
> failed".
>
> Please can someone help me to solve it?
> I'm using Debaian squeeze/sid and i just upgrade my cups version.

Either the initial PostScript job is buggy or the pstopdf filter cannot cope
with this job.
Please do the following:
(1) execute the command
cupsctl --debug-logging
(2) print a file that fails with the mentioned message
(3) execute
cupsctl --no-debug-logging
(4) post (an URL to) the /var/log/cups/error_log (at least the part
containing the debug messages (those beginning with D or d in the first
column).
(5) home anybody (perhaps me) will have an idea.

Helge