[cups.general] CUPS, landscape, and zebra.ppd on linux

Charles Bryant charles.bryant at boartlongyear.com
Thu Oct 28 07:47:57 PDT 2010

Hi,

We're using Oracle's linux 5, PASTA, and CUPS to print PDFs. We have pdftops
being called by PASTA to convert the PDF to a Postscript file prior to
shipping the file to CUPS.

The conversion is working fine, with one exception, the documents are
formatted for landscape printing, but the zebra printer refuses to print
anything by portrait. After we've adjusted the zebra.ppd file, we always make
sure to bounce CUPS.

We've tried copying the format line to swap the dimensions of the printable
area, but that didn't correct the issue. We have been able to do landscape
printing with some changes, but what comes out ends up being offset to the
center of the landscaped page.

So, I have two questions that might be solved with one answer; 1) Has anyone
configured the zebra.ppd for doing landscape printing on 4 x 6 labels with 0
margins? or 2) What do I changed the ppd to make sure the top and left margins
are set at 0 for an offset when printing in landscape?

Any assistance would be really appreciated.

Charles