[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #3698: Add Printer does not work in Internet Explorer

Chris Plewright chris at createng.com
Tue Oct 26 20:50:50 PDT 2010

[STR New]

Tried two different versions of server operating systems:

1. CUPS version 1.4.4 running on ubuntu Maverick 10.10, from standard
ubuntu repositories.

2. CUPS 1.4.4 compiled from source code and running on Centos 5.5.

In both cases, access the server via windows internet explorer.  Tried IE
v7 and IE v8 also tried compatibility mode on and off - this same problem
on all attempts: the Add Printer button does not work.  It comes to the
Add Printer page, and gets stuck at "Looking for printers..."   Also, I
noticed that the top of the web page displays "--CUPS-MULTIPART
within the rendered page.

Work around is that I request clients to use firefox, but that is not
acceptable to them when they don't have firefox as part of their Standard
Operating Environment.  So, we need this to work correctly with MS
Internet Explorer.

Thanks.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3698
Version: 1.4.4