CUPS not connecting to server

Drew drevo454 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 13:37:00 PDT 2010

Running Ubuntu 10.10 beta.  Cups ran fine at first and even printed a test page.  Following that, cups would not connect to the server.  When the window is opened there is no longer the display of my printer, nor a connection.  When attempting to connect, all I receive is an error message which reads: There was an error during the CUPS operation: failed to connect to server.  I have tried just about everything and looked just about everywhere for an answer to my problem and so far nothing...