[cups.general] Finding queue name on HP printers

Henri Shustak henri.shustak at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 00:03:01 PDT 2010

> How do I find the queue name on an HP printer?.
> This is needed for adding a printer from the command line.

You may pick your own queue name. Some possible examples are listed below :

  hpprinter
  HP-PRINTER
  LASERJET-ONMYDESK

I do not believe you are able to have a space in the CUPS queue name.

Hopefully this information helps.

This email is protected by LBackup, an open source backup solution.
http://www.lbackup.org

The Lucid central Christchurch data center in New Zealand was affected
by a recent earthquake. LBackup allowed services (including the
LBackup website) to be quickly be restored to new hardware.