[cups.general] Finding queue name on HP printers

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Tue Sep 14 01:54:22 PDT 2010

Hello,

On Sep 12 22:20 Mike wrote (shortened):
> How do I find the queue name on an HP printer?.

What exactly does "queue name on an HP printer" mean?

Do you perhaps talk about a HP network printer and you like
to access it via the LPD protocol and now you need a queue name
for the LPD running "inside" the HP network printer?

If I guessd right, you have to read the HP manual for their printer
to find out which different queue names it has built-in and what
each of its queues does - in particular for which kind of input
data (e.g. plain text versus ready-made printer specific data)
each of its queues is meant to be used.

Compare
http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/doc-1.3/network.html
and