Finding queue name on HP printers

Mike mb78aa at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 14 02:19:47 PDT 2010

> If I guessd right, you have to read the HP manual for their printer
> to find out which different queue names it has built-in and what
> each of its queues does - in particular for which kind of input
> data (e.g. plain text versus ready-made printer specific data)
> each of its queues is meant to be used.
>
> Compare
> http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/doc-1.3/network.html
> and
> http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Printing_via_TCP/IP_network

Thanks for replying Johannes.
Yes, I refer to lpadmin with LPD, so I need to put a queue name after the printer's IP address, something like:
lpadmin -p "printer" -v lpd://172.16.14.6/<queue name> -P "some ppd file" -E

The manual which comes with the printer doesn't seem to mention anything about a queue name as this is supposedly handled with windows/OSX software. Any suggestions?.

Thanks,
Mike.