[cups.general] Very slow document printing.

upscope upscope at nwi.net
Tue Sep 14 09:53:18 PDT 2010

Johannes Meixner wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Sep 13 14:39 upscope wrote (shortened):
>> When i try to print from my Okular (certain pages) {Example:
>> PDFServlet.zo from Okular} to my XeroxPhaser 6120 printer
>
> I don't know what file type PDFServlet.zo is (is it a regular PDF
  .zo is a form of PDF document (opens with Okular, Konqueror, and Adobe
Reader so I'm told. I originally reported this under kde bug 177360 and was
told it was a QT problem. The file (monthly payment form) is downloaded from
CitiMortgage website.

I can work around this by:

	1. Download PDFServlet.zo file from CitiMortgage site:
	2. Run  pdftops from command line (pdftops PDFServlet.zo
            Mortgage.ps)
	3. Open Mortgage.ps with GIMP
	4. Select page to print
	5. print it
	6. Done

I just tried printing from Konqueror, and it printed after about 22 minutes.
I did down grade my kernel last week while working on powerdown problem.

> To analyze the printing output from a particular application,
> disable printing for the queue via "cupsdisable <queue_name>"
> then print from the application so that the application's
> printing output stays as CUPS spool file
>    /var/spool/cups/d<job-number-file-number>
> until you re-enable printing "cupsenable <queue_name>".

It maybe I have not waited long enough in past. I'll try it from 11.4 later.

Thanks for your help.

--
Russ
openSUSE 11.3 (2.6.34-12-default)|KDE 4.5.1|