High CPU usage and BrowsePoll

Niels S. Eliasen nse at delfi-konsult.com
Wed Sep 15 00:41:18 PDT 2010

hi guys
I have a problem that having defined a number of queues on two RedHat servers
(fail-over scenario), I define the BrowsePoll on all other "clients" to use the
redHat servers for printing only....
However .. I noticed that the "clients" where Cups is running only as a
local-daemon, and then ships it to the RedHat servers, CPU usage is very high...
Apparently... searching the Net... this is known issue... but no real fix has
been found...
anyone heer that has any insights as to how to minimise this ???
(will a plain "nice" command suffice for the local daemons??)

--

kind regards/mvh
niels