Setting/changing job-originating-user-name

Dafydd Crosby dcrosby at userful.com
Mon Sep 20 14:22:27 PDT 2010

Hello,
   I've been wondering if it is possible to change the job-originating-user-name of an existing job, or if it can be set at session start. I've checked the API and the man pages and haven't found anything yet that would allow this.

The use case:

Logged in as root on client, print job shows up as root in CUPS web interface
Print job is sent (via IPP) to print release station, which authenticates with external database.

What I'd like to do is change the job-originating-user-name from 'root' to '250023423452', so that it can be authenticated at the print release station.

Thanks!