Fail-over setup questions

Niels S. Eliasen nse at delfi-konsult.com
Tue Sep 21 01:11:16 PDT 2010

hi guys
having setup two RedHat servers for a fault tolerant CUPS setup

setup is as follows:
all queues will defined on both boxes, but with suffix "_1" for box 1 and
suffix "_2" for box 2, and then define classes on both systems that have
identical names and consist of "queuename_1" and "queuename_2"

found this suggestion on the net from some IBM paper....
(if anyone have any better suggestions I'm positive to all suggestions...)

Furthermore this will further complicated by the fact that it would be nice
to have fail-over capability from Singapore to Dubai to Houston ... etc etc
more than 5 regional centers will be used...

I have a few questions:

1. How can it be that on box1 all queues on box2 appears as "queuename at box2",
but on box2 all queues appear as "queuename at 172.17.xxx.xxx" ??
2. How can it be that I get all the queues from box1 gets written to the
printers.conf on box2 as "queuename@" ?

--

kind regards/mvh
niels