[cups.general] JobSheets printed from a different input tray

Steve Wilson stevew at purdue.edu
Fri Sep 24 10:53:04 PDT 2010

On 09/24/2010 11:40 AM, Michael Sweet wrote:
> On Sep 24, 2010, at 7:18 AM, Steve Wilson wrote:
>>>
>>> FWIW, the new banner format is used for the standard banners and the
>>> test page, but we don't restrict banners to this format. As before,
>>> you can use any format you like as long as it doesn't mind having
>>> strings inserted into the file in the appropriate places.
>>>
>>> More likely the issue has to do with changes to pstops in 1.4.x -
>>> the default PPD options are probably getting applied after the
>>> custom code Steve has added, leading to them being "ignored"...
>>>  Small changes to the banner files should be enough to tell pstops
>>> where to insert the printer options from the PPD file.
>>>

>> >From your last statement, does that mean that there's potentially
>> some change that I can make to my custom banner page that would allow
>> my tray selection to be applied after the default (or user-specified)
>> printer options?  If so, what kind of small changes might they be?
>
> The small change is basically to add some DSC comments, e.g.
>

>     %%BeginSetup
>     %%BeginFeature: *Foo Bar
>     your setpagedevice code
>     %%EndFeature
>     %%EndSetup
>
> This should appear before the first %%Page: comment in your file.

Thanks for the help but I must still be doing something wrong.  Below is
a snippet from my PostScript file.  I tried various PPD features in this
manner but I was unable to get the banner page to print from a different
input tray.  Do you see anything obviously wrong with this?  Thanks.

<snip>
%%EndResource
%%EndProlog
%%BeginSetup
%%BeginFeature: *InputSlot Upper
<</ManualFeed false /MediaPosition 3>> setpagedevice
%%EndFeature
%%EndSetup
%%Page: 1 1
<snip>