samba + cups raw printing is crash

penglaizhike penglaizhike at 126.com
Mon Sep 27 08:08:27 PDT 2010

1) Configure the samba printing options as raw printing and use client side driver
2)install the printer's driver on windows side

I can print some little size files(.doc,.jpmg, .pdf), but when I try to print large files for example larger than 4MB pdf documents, the linux box crashed; when submit this printing jobs, I can see the jobs data which is much larger than 200MB already exists in /var/spool/samba, but the linux box creash later seems the memory is exausted....

In my test case, the memory size is about 128MB

So if this is because the low memory, can configure cups/samba to limit the memeory use for printing?

Thanks in advance.