How do I get lpstat to show me the actualfilenames being printed?

John Dunn jldunn2000 at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 29 03:11:21 PDT 2010

AIX does show the file name (/etc/hosts) in this example

(DEMO:john)--> lpstat
Queue   Dev   Status    Job Files              User         PP %   Blks  Cp Rnk

text20  @44P  QUEUED   455 /etc/hosts          john                  3   1   1

I was hopeing to parse the output from lpstat in a script to get a list of files being printed,, same as I do on AIX. Obviously this does not work on Linux.

Can't help feeling that lpstat is not much use without showing the files being printed!