convert an printjob in a raw_printerqueue

Christian spamvoll at weiligmann-net.de
Thu Sep 30 05:02:09 PDT 2010

Hello together,

i want to convert an print job in a raw queue with an filter.

my data stream comes from a linux client and will be print on a ubuntu server 9.10 with the protocol ipp on a raw queue.

In the cups log file i see that:

[Job 102] Adding job file of type application/vnd.cups-postscript.
[Job 102] Sending job to queue tagged as raw...

that tells me, my print job is raw queued.
Correctly??

Can i convert this data stream with a script called as 'myfilter'
myfilter will do a "logger hello" at the moment.

my mime.convs look like that:

application/vnd.cups-postscript application/vnd.cups-raw  0       myfilter
or
application/octet-stream  application/vnd.cups-postscript 0     myfilter

my mime.types look like that on the last line:

#application/octet-stream
I have read a lot of internet sites but the filter will not work.

I have configure a printer with a ppd file and i wrote a *cupsfilter in the ppd file on the print server, the filter works, but we have 500 printers and the administration for 500 printers with ppd files are very hard.

please help me.