[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #3676: Character swapping when printing to Brother MFC-7820 using ipp queue

Sönke Greimann spamdummy at greimann.de
Tue Sep 14 08:26:28 PDT 2010

[STR Closed w/o Resolution]

I think OpenOffice can be safely ruled out as the culprit. As mentioned,
the problem is resolved by using the lpd:-protocol...

I didn't try with the socket:-protocol yet but will do so.

ipp: was chosen initially because documentation noted that this is the
protocol natively supported by CUPS and use of lpd: was disencouraged
where one of the other protocols was supported.
http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/doc-1.4/network.html

Brother notes support for ipp protocol for the MFC-7820N, so it is likely
the .ppd.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3676
Version: 1.4.4
Fix Version: Third-party