[cups.general] Raw Printing Doesn't work...

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Wed Apr 20 11:50:26 PDT 2011

On Apr 20, 2011, at 11:38 AM, Chris wrote:
> Sorry, I guess I was expecting something simple regarding the
> raw.convs and the raw.types thing...  It is the stock version that
> ships with Debian Squeeze, 1.4.4-7.

OK, thanks.

> Slight type-o in my original post... there are two particular files in
> etc/cups: raw.convs and raw.types -- instead of the mime.convs and
> mime.types   mentioned in the docs.  mime.convs and mime.types are
> nowhere to be found on the system.  I do not understand the
> significance of this, but I can't help but wonder if it has something
> to do with it.  I can't find any documentation on the issue...

The mime.types and mime.convs files moved to /usr/share/cups/mime in 1.4, largely because they are generally not meant to be user-edited. We look in both /etc/cups and /usr/share/cups/mime.

> Like I said, there is no error output anywhere I can find.  Nothing on
> the web interface, nothing in /var/log/cups/error_log, in
> /var/log/messages or in any other log file.  It just seems to vanish.

What does "lpstat -v" report?

If you enable debug logging (cupsctl --debug-logging) and try to print, does anything appear in the error_log file?