Location of Print Queues in Mac Userland

Jim Gross jgross at theatreworks.org
Wed Apr 20 13:15:37 PDT 2011

I have a Lexmark E260dn on our office network that's connected to my Mac (10.6.6) via bonjour.  I can successfully print to this print from both the Mac print dialog and with the lpr command from the terminal.  I'm trying (rather unsuccessfully) to setup the printer to be accessible from Wine.  I believe the problem I'm running into is that I need to create a symbolic link between the print queue and wines dummy lpt1 port.  I'm unsure, though where the queue lives in the Mac user space. My first thought had been to check /Library/Printers/Lexmark but none of the files there seemed to be correct (was I wrong?).  My next thought was to check /var/spools/cups, but I can't access this directory even with sudo.  If someone could point me in the right direction (or let me know that i'm barking up the wrong tree) I would be very grateful.  Thank you.

-JG