[cups.general] Raw Printing Doesn't work...

Chris cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com
Tue Apr 26 13:47:14 PDT 2011

Your suspicions are correct, the r2400 does not understand postscript
-- however, it does the same thing whether I send it a test page, echo
text in from the command line or serve the printer up via samba and
have a windows box with the driver send a job.  The jobs just disappear.

If I put a ppd on it, and filter locally, it will print a test page.
But I do not want that...  I need it to be raw, and nothing prints
when it is set to raw -- keep in mind this the third printer having
this problem, so it isn't the device.  One of the printers I used to
have set up this way for more than a year (served from a gentoo system
though).