sending username to uniFLOW

paul young paul.young at wiltshire.gov.uk
Wed Apr 27 03:16:31 PDT 2011

Hi Franz.

In regards to the questions below I will answer point by point to save any confustion:

a) Users login to a Gui front end of an application running under Solaris vi vnode connections to the Ingres database.
The users select a printer from a drop down menu within the application. The printers are stored in the database and /etc/hosts, in this case the printer is called "followme".
Within Cups I have created the above printer as RAW which connects to a uniFlow print spool on a Windows server queue name followme.

b)The above is the connection method to uniFLOW.

c) AISDBA is the DB Admin we use within Ingres.
The part that confuses me is that although each user has there own login to the application all prints sent to cups are owned by the DBA, is it possible to use the current user when sending the jobs to cups?

Regards

Paul