[cups.development] [RFE] STR #3835: Proxy support in CUPS

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Wed Apr 27 08:41:33 PDT 2011

[STR Closed w/o Resolution]

Sorry, I don't see us ever implementing proxy support in CUPS. Aside from
the conformance and security issues (chunking of POST requests is tricky
over a proxy, HTTP Upgrade doesn't propagate, authentication doesn't
propagate), we'd need to support several different proxy schemes and hook
into the OS- and often user-specific proxy data, know which hosts needed
proxy support, etc.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3835
Version:  -feature
Fix Version: Will Not Fix