Problems with ?compression=gzip and Windows CUPS driver

viman v1man at yandex.ru
Tue Aug 2 22:57:14 PDT 2011

Hello!
I encountered the same problem, did not always work option "? Compression = gzip". Has considered the source code (v1.4.6). As a result, had to change the project file "\ backend \ ipp.c" and re-compile it. This solved the problem on the side of "Main Office".

Before the change:
  }
  else
  {
   /*
    * Point to the files on the command-line...
    */
    num_files    = argc - 6;
    files        = argv + 6;
    send_options = 1;
#ifdef HAVE_LIBZ
    if (compression)
      compress_files(num_files, files);
#endif /* HAVE_LIBZ */
  }
  fprintf(stderr, "DEBUG: %d files to send in job...\n", num_files);

Аfter changing:
    }
  else
  {