job mysteriously reprinting

Chris c at ourdev.com
Fri Aug 5 09:33:36 PDT 2011

Here's another odd one.
On really busy printing days we load cups up with jobs all morning. Generally our printers don't stop running from 6AM to 9AM. We have found that at roughly 7:45AM a job that is printing just fine, but not yet complete, will simply stop and restart. The tray offsets as if someone cancelled the job and resent it. Could be 100 pages in or 1000. The second time around it prints just fine and completes the entire job.

Happens on both Ubuntu 10.04 and 11.04 and Cups 1.4.3 and .1.4.6 respectively.

Any ideas where I should look? I suspected it was a system thing, but then the new box with 11.04 did the same thing. Could it be something in cups?

Thanks again.
Chris