Cups drivers for Windows x64

franz.pfoertsch.brose franz.pfoertsch at brose.com
Sun Aug 7 09:08:04 PDT 2011

> I upgraded to Samba 3.5.9 and seemed to have a little better luck.  Now the driver downloads but fails to connect with error c1.  Here is my smb.conf:

Hello Kent,

you are fighting againgst Windows7/x64, let us start at the beginning.

a) It seem you are working with a working samba configuration.
b) do not use any driver from foomatic or something else.
   You are use a postscript printer with the generic postscript driver
   (So will not have any influence by any obscure script/environment
c) do not use the cups x64 drivers, they are not tested with windows7
   grab only the drivers from the windows7/x64 installation (have a look at the
   cupsaddsmb man-page or http://www.cups.org/doc-1.5/man-cupsaddsmb.html#CUPS_POSTSCRIPT_DRIVERS_FOR_WINDOWS

this should work!

good luck!
Franz