[cups.general] cups really sucks

Crazy Pete crazypete62 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 8 06:42:06 PDT 2011

Hi All,

> Cups sucks. If I have to read more pages than what is  "The C programming
> Language" just to get my fscking

The guy has a HUGE point.  EVERYTIME i reinstall linux it is a nightmare to get
certain cheap printers working.  (Yes he is right, the high end PS printers work
fine on CUPS.)  CUPS quite simply sucks.  If it is literally magic to get cheap
printer working you guys have gone terribly wrong.  The fact that even WITH the
infolevel set to DEBUG in cupsd.conf there are 0 error messages (every access
etc is logged, but no information other than "failure , exit success") as to
what went wrong.   I know you guys think because you have been programming for 5
years that you are "experts" but WAKE UP, you need actual error messages not
just redirect the access log to the error file.

There is simply no reason for something as problematic as CUPS to be exist.

Good Luck

Crazy Pete