[cups.general] I'm new to this forum - how does one view past posts to "cups"?

Stephanie Seney sseney at marcs.com
Mon Aug 15 12:25:27 PDT 2011

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for information for some specific printing issues we are having
with CUPS (we just moved unix servers from Sun Solaris to Linux - SuSe11).

We are finding that some plain text files cause the printer to lock up and
fail to print.

We are also finding that some PCL codes (embedded in some PCL docs) are no
longer working as expected.

I wish to view some of the posts to this forum to see if by chance either of
our issues might've already been addressed by others, and if there are/were
fixes found.

So far we have already done the following:
1.  set printer up as raw - w/o any print driver and no PPD file
2.  use the lp command both as lp file.txt and lp -o raw file.txt
3.  For the PCL commands, we've made sure that the <esc>E and <esc>&k2G are
at the top of every PCL job.

All have failed to produce the printout like Sun Solaris did.

Help.

Sincerely,
Stephanie Seney, DBA/Programmer