Details of compression=gzip

Steve Bergman sbergman27 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 14:13:46 PDT 2011

> You should get a log entry for every file that gets compressed, and we don't do anything special to omit files that are already compressed, for example, we just copy and compress the file(s) in the job and use the compressed version, even if it would be larger...
-------

Thank you for the response. I've read, in another thread here, that raw queues don't get compressed. All of my printers use either the standard postscript ppd, or the okidata/ibm 9 pin ppd. However, some jobs coming, from software that outputs straight ascii to the printer, get queued with 'lpr -l'. Would that prevent them from being compressed?

Also, thanks for all the work you guys do.

-Steve