[cups.general] Unable to build Cups 1.5.0 rpm

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Tue Aug 16 01:04:05 PDT 2011

Hello,

On Aug 12 10:29 Michael Sweet wrote (excerpt):

> On Aug 12, 2011, at 10:13 AM, Mike McArthur wrote:
>> When I build the rpm I get this error:
>>
>> rpmbuild -ta cups-1.5.0-source.tar.gz without-php
>> RPM build errors:
>>    File not found: /tmp/cups-root/etc/pam.d
>>    File not found by glob: /tmp/cups-root/etc/pam.d/*
>>    File not found: /tmp/cups-root/usr/lib/cups/backend/https
>>    File not found: /tmp/cups-root/usr/lib/cups/backend/ipps
>>    File not found by glob: /tmp/cups-root/usr/lib*/php*
>>
>> I can work around this issue by modifying the .spec inside
>> the tarball, but am wondering if there is another way.
>
> Sure, install the openssl (or gnutls, not sure which SuSE is using),
> and pam developer packages, then add "--without php" to the rpmbuild
> commandline (instead of "without-php").

Mike McArthur,
FYI:
We have in our RPM spec file: "BuildRequires: openssl-devel pam-devel".
You may have a look at our RPM spec files in the openSUSE build service.
With the openSUSE build service you could build your CUPS version
for various Linux distributions: https://build.opensuse.org/

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner