I'm new to this forum - how does one view past poststo "cups"?

Steve Bergman sbergman27 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 08:23:42 PDT 2011

You have a few options for searching. Just use the search bar at the top of this forum page. Or if you prefer a different format, it's also archived at GMane:

http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.comp.printing.cups.general

And probably at Marc, as well.

Regarding your problem, and while I'm more familiar with Linux than Solaris, what you've done should certainly pass the job right on through CUPS, unchanged. How are the printers connected? Network? Parallel? USB? Serial?

What CUPS backend are you using? This would be in the DeviceURI line for each printer in /etc/cups/printers.conf

-Steve Bergman