[cups.general] Color Webpage Printout on Black and White Printer Too Bright

Rainer Dorsch ml at bokomoko.de
Sat Aug 27 03:52:52 PDT 2011

Hello,

I have a black and white HP Laserjet 6P and when I print colored webpages they
are "translated" (dithered?) into black and white printouts, which is
perfectly ok and expected. What is unexpected though is that for me most
pages print by far too bright and are not readable at all.

I am wondering if I could "hook" a gimp script into the printout chain which
does a processing which improves he printout quality for color pages on the
printer.

It would also be perfectly acceptable for me, if I can define a second printer
in CUPS where the user sees a print preview and has a slide bar to adjust the
brightness of the printout (or if there are more then one dimension two or
three slide bars would be fine).

Does anybody know if hplip has a solution for this specific problem?

I appreciate any suggestion which addresses this problem in the ways I
scetched above or in completely different ways.

Thank you
Rainer
--
Rainer Dorsch