[cups.general] CUPS API to add printer to mac

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Aug 30 16:49:48 PDT 2011

Basic code:

    const char *printer_name = something;
    const char *device_uri = something;
    const char *ppd_name = something;
    http_t *http;
    ipp_status_t status;
    ipp_t *request = ippNewRequest(CUPS_ADD_MODIFY_PRINTER);

    ippAddString(request, IPP_TAG_PRINTER, IPP_TAG_NAME, "printer-name", NULL,  printer_name);
    ippAddString(request, IPP_TAG_PRINTER, IPP_TAG_URI, "device-uri", NULL, device_uri);
    ippAddString(request, IPP_TAG_PRINTER, IPP_TAG_NAME, "ppd-name", NULL, ppd_name);
    ippAddBoolean(request, IPP_TAG_PRINTER, "printer-is-accepting-jobs", 1);
    ippAddInteger(request, IPP_TAG_PRINTER, IPP_TAG_ENUM, "printer-state", IPP_PRINTER_IDLE);

    ippDelete(cupsDoRequest(http, request, "/admin"));

    status = cupsLastError();

Look for status == IPP_OK on success.