Probles with CUPS Hanging Up Frequently

Aaron E. ssureshot at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 07:41:52 PDT 2011

This will fix it, add to cupsd.conf..

MaxJobsPerPrinter 300
PreserveJobHistory No # Files that start with cxxxxxxx
PreserveJobFiles No # Files that start with dxxxxxxxx

The problem is the directory filling up and never purging. You can
change the MaxJobsPerPrinter to what you need, I have 300 due to an app
sending multiple print jobs at any given time. That was overkill but it
keeps the jobs from piling up and locking up cups if a print queue breaks..