Printer specific commands

Sebastian c.sebasgonzalez at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 09:57:37 PDT 2011

I made a filter for the label printer TEC B-SV4 to cover basic functions.
This printer is able to make barcodes by itself with specific commands. I am sending these commands after the raster image in the filter using ppd general purpose parameters cupsString0 to cupsString15 to make the necesary options for the barcodes.
The problem is, as all the possibly options for each parameter had to be known, I can not insert open text for the barcode number. ¿Are there any way to insert open text in a parameter like for the VariablePaperSize maxSize and minSize options.

On the other hand ¿How can I leave this filter available for the community? It is right now ready in its first version.

Sebas