[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #3916: Canon's proprietary driver for MF4370dn printer no longer works

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 5 20:06:06 PDT 2011

[STR Closed w/o Resolution]

You don't get it. I did contact the vendor (Canon). It claims CUPS changed
something that caused driver to break. So, it passed buck to you, while
you pass buck back to them. Because the driver didn't stop working in CUPS
1.4.4, only in some newer CUPS versions, I am strongly led to believe CUPS
made an API change that is incompatible with the driver, and thus CUPS is
to blame and at fault, not Canon. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered to

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3916
Version: 1.4.6
Fix Version: Third-party