[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #3907: Unable to compile CUPS 1.5.0 on Solaris 10.

Wolfgang G. Voller wolfgang.voller at oeaw.ac.at
Sat Aug 6 07:07:24 PDT 2011

[STR Closed w/o Resolution]

Hi!

I had the same problems - and error messages - when compiling CUPS 1.5.0
on a Solaris 10 box. After checking your logs I guess that you have
installed software packages from Sunfreeware in your /usr/local/lib
directory. (Configure finds the gcc environment in
/usr/local/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/3.4.6 and not in /usr/sfw.)

The system gets confused when finding the same libraries (but with
different versions) in the "system area" (/usr/lib:/lib) and in the "user
area" like /usr/local.

So check your settings:
a.) in the runtime linking environment (via crle),
b.) in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable,
c.) in your PATH environment variable.

After avoiding this library mixup I had no problems compiling CUPS 1.5.0
with:
../configure --prefix=/usr/local --disable-gssapi --disable-ldap.

BTW: You will compile CUPS out of the box on a new Solaris 10 System
without any additional libraries from sunfreeware, blastwave, or opencsw.
(I have tested this.)

Wolfgang

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3907
Version: 1.5.0