[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #3936: ErrorLog directive is mostly ignored

Jan Wenzel scripter01 at gmx.net
Fri Aug 26 07:08:24 PDT 2011

[STR New]

Hi,
for our multi-tenancy CUPS Server, we have tenant specific directories
with all needed stuff (configuration files, log files, lock files, etc.).

To configure the error log file we use the ErrorLog directive:
ErrorLog /srv/ipp/foo/var/log/cups/error.log
With strace on cupsd startup, I can see how cups openes this files and
writes some lines to it. But shortly after startup, the complete error
logging goes to the central error log /var/log/cups/error.log, which is
wrong.

If I do a chattr +i /var/log/cups/error.log, logging goes to the correct
file.

Software version: cups-1.4.2-39.el6.x86_64

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3936
Version: 1.4.2