CUPS + DOS printing via Windows

Alexandre Paulino Sierra da Silva alexandre.chokito at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 11:28:36 PST 2011

Hello!

I'm having problems printing from a MS-DOS program (written in Clipper, my print server Debian Squeeze and CUPS 1.4.4, my printer HP Laserjet 1200), the font size is printed as 10cpp, but in the program have commands to print it in 15cpp. I'm sure the program is correct, because it works printing to Windows, and used to work on my old server running Debian Squeeze and CUPS 1.3.x.
The print port is captured by NET USE.
An interesting detail is, in my old server there was no PPD file in /etc/cups/ppd, but if I try to remove this file in my new server the printer stop working.

Any clue?

Thank you and best regards.