Printing options for networked printer

Madhurjya P Bora mpbora at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 21:52:28 PST 2011

My system is Ubuntu 11.10 (server 64-bit) with CUPS-1.50. The problem is that while I can print with the available print options as shown by the printer driver from the local machine (CUPS server), I can not do so over the network.

I am sharing this printer from the Ubuntu machine to an iMac (Bonjour sharing) and the iMac detects the printer correctly with proper driver and options. But when I try to print from the iMac with say printer options "High Quality-Color", it always print with the default setting i.e. "Draft-Graysacle".

It however does print with correct options from the local machine.

Any help will be welcome.

--- M