Ubuntu 11.10/BrotherHL2240D/ printer does not print any more

sk at skaiser.at sk at skaiser.at
Mon Dec 12 05:35:25 PST 2011

Hello all,
I have a problem with cups, and here it is surely only cups .
( The printer has printed in Ubuntu 11.04, it does not print any more in Ubuntu 11.10, and it does print on the same machine in Windows XP. So I think  we can definitely exclude any hardware error.
I have set cupsd -F to see more in the logs, but I am not really the wiser by it.
I try to print, cups lets me choose the properties of the printer, if it is a big job it carefully generates the spoolfile, then the job is declared printed without anything coming out of the printer.
Can anybody tell me where to look for what exactly ?

Thanks
 Siegfried