add header to print jobs

Vincent R. vincent.roels at ngahr.com
Tue Dec 20 11:26:14 PST 2011

Hello,

I am facing a problem that is: we send print jobs to a print server which handle the layouts to use based on the print queue sent.

for example : we send a print job from a third party software. CUPS should then add an header of 10 lines containing on first line the print queue + the printjob-ID. the 9 remaining lines should contain a 0 (zero) as first character. based on this the print server knows what template to use.

is there a way to modify the way cups forward the job to the print server ?
I have checked and I couldn't really find a solution that would meet my needs.

thanks in advance.

Vincent.