Override system options for JobSheets

Helge Stenström h.stenstrom at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 06:57:57 PST 2011

In my workplace, the default is to print a banner sheet with each job. The configuration files are not accessible to me. I want to get rid of the banner sheet when I print from applications where I don't have access to the lp or lpr command options.

If I have access to the lpr command options from within an application, I can of course simply write "lp -o job-sheets=none ", but some applications only provide Print from a GUI, and provide no access to the actual command used.

If I had access to system files, I would change /etc/cups/printers.conf, but I can't do that.

Can I define some environment variable, or put some file in my $HOME that overrides system defaults for the lp command?

Thanks,
Helge