Implicit Classes intermitantly working

Paul pconklin at gentlemanslife.com
Thu Feb 3 12:22:20 PST 2011

I have an issue where occasionally the implicit classes go away.  My config is such:
I have 5 nodes.  2 are "servers" and 3 are "clients", but they all share the same cupsd.conf and the client.conf file is empty.  We are building the printers on the 2 "servers" and then the clients all automagically see them.  Our problem is that occasionally, the implicit class goes away (i.e. if you take down "server" 2 and do an lpstat -a on a client it only shows printer at server1, all the classes go away.  even if you cycle cups on all the remaining servers.

Ideas?  Thanks in advance.