[cups.general] "client-error-document-format-not-supported"

John Meshkoff johnpipe at sonic.net
Sun Feb 6 15:56:58 PST 2011

Helge Blischke wrote:

>John Meshkoff wrote:

>> Hello, I'm having difficulty getting an Epson Photo R300 working
>> properly. Cups 1.2.6, on Vector Linux 5.8.
>>
>> uname -a
>> Linux linus.inet 2.6.18.5 #2 SMP PREEMPT Sat Dec 9 19:01:25 MST 2006
>> i586 k6-2 i386 GNU/Linux
>>
>> The application is Gimp-Print Version 4.2, using "lpr" as the print
>> command, there is no print output to the printer.

<snip>

>The printer's XML description of the (most) recent foomatic package
>states that Gutenprint 5.0.x at least is needed to support this
>printer.
>
>I guess you need to upgrade your Gimp-Print to Gutenprint 5.0.x
>(current
>is 5.32.6).
>
>Helge

I'm somewhat unclear here; Gutenprint 5.0.0 is installed. Should
Gutenprint be replacing Gimp-Print in the Gimp print-dialog? If so, I
don't see any method for changing the Gimp configuration to use it.

I've downloaded 5.2.6 from gutenprint.sourceforge.net, and compiled but
have not yet installed, until I understand the gimp-print/gutenprint
relation here.

Thanks, John

--
John Meshkoff                           johnpipe  at sonic dot net
"Who sees all beings in the Self, and the Self in all beings, hates

http://www.sonic.net/~johnpipe/         http://www.sivakalpa.org/

	"You must save the language, the medium of communication"