cupsd starts manually, but not on boot (init.d) - how to debug?

H. Passer 345678 at gmx.net
Sun Feb 6 20:14:17 PST 2011

Hi!

I have CUPS 1.4.2 installed and a strange problem: If I start cups
manually using

/opt/etc/init.d/cupsd start

then everything is fine. But cups is not started at boot time. I know
that the above mentioned script is executed for I've put some

echo "cupstest" >> /tmp/cups-test.txt

in there. I also do

echo `/opt/usr/sbin/cupsd -c /opt/etc/cups/cupsd.conf` >> /tmp/cups-test.txt

but the result is empty. In cupsd.conf I defined an ErrorLog file (and
LogLevel debug2), but it is not even created. I'm trying all this in
OpenWrt.

Can anyone give me a hint how to do do further debuging? Or does anybody
already know what's wrong?

Greets!
Helge