Swedish characters in postscript files printing as space

Nigel Bennington nigel.bennington at royalskandia.com
Mon Feb 7 02:41:39 PST 2011

Hi guys,

I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction here, as I am racking my brains over this one.

I am running CUPS 1.1.21 (I think, that's the version string in cupsd.conf) on Solaris 10 - If it helps, it's the CUPS from the 10/04 companion CD.

I have all locales installed, and base locale is set to Northern Europe, with ISO8859P1 as the default character set.

The problem I have is that postscript or pfd files containing swedish characters are substituting spaces for the swedish characters. They also display as spaces in Ghostscript.

If I ftp the same files down to a windows system, they both print and display correctly.

Any pointers as to what I am doing wrong?